Apparently every time you say "blog," you're driving some people nuts. And if you say something like "be sure to use your netiquette when you're on my wiki," that's a recipe for disaster.
A new poll released the most irritating words that came from the Internet. The top five must hated web words are:
- folksonomy (web classification system using tags)
- Blogosphere (the universe of blogs)
- blog (uh, what you're reading)
- netiquette (rules of behavior on the web)
- blook (a book that came from a blog)
Words matter. If you don't know that and appreciate that, then marketing is probably not a good career choice. And while some people no doubt admire your mad web 2.0 skills, Obi Wan, another percentage think you're being a dork.
It's easy to think everyone is talking about blogs. And they are. Just some people are making fun of it...